PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu 16.04 not installing properly

Elias_Goebeler
May 8th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Hi,I am new to this forum the reason I joined was because I ran into some problems while installing Ubuntu 16.04.I downloaded Ubuntu 16.04 LTS from their website, then I used the Rufus USB converter to put it onto my flashdrive, I put it into my computer (it does not currently have any OS on it) and booted it up this was the first thing I saw
After I chose to install Ubuntu it went to the Ubuntu Loading screen then went to this page
From the online tutorials I have seen there should have been an option to try Ubuntu or install it but I continued
I was not able to check the "Download updates while installing box" I clicked continue
I was not able to select anything or edit anything I was only able to click "quit","back", or "install now" I clicked install now but it said "No root file system is defined, please correct this from the partitioning menu" Since I could not change anything I rebooted my computer and selected the "check disk for defects option
It found no errors so I have no Idea what to do.I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me figure this out, thanks a lot!

ubfan1
May 9th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Does your computer have a disk in it? Can you see the disk from the BIOS/UEFI settings? Maybe a cable is lose if the disk is present but not seen, or maybe a settings is wrong either in the BIOS, disk (jumpers on some) or cable (which connector).

Elias_Goebeler
May 9th, 2016, 02:57 AM
I believe a simple loose cable was the problem, Ubuntu seems to be installing properly right now.Thanks for the help!