PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu not booting

Buntylicous
May 6th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Hi!
I ram Ubuntu 14.10 fine and then i was gonna update to newer version and in the Middle of the update My computer died! Now i cant booy up or even run a live cd! I can come to the grub menu but thats it, and i have a macbook pro! So how do i rektorer the update or run a cd via grub commad?

yancek
May 6th, 2016, 06:16 PM
If you were running Ubuntu 14.10, you would need to first update to the next release which is 15.04. Neither are supported any longer (see the link below) so the repositories are no longer available to update/upgrade. You can upgrade LTS versions from one to another (example 14.04 to 16.04) but if you are using a non-LTS release you need to go 14.10 to 15.04 to 15.10.

Just to verify, were you actually using 14.10 or was that a typo? Do you have an UBuntu Live CD/DVD flash drive, or any other Linux system on DVD/flash drive?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Buntylicous
May 6th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Well i had 14.04.4, and was trying to update via terminal, and the files were downloading and suddenly my battery died and computer went off, and when i rebooted i was getting the message Restoring resolver state, and this is still coming up when i chose to boot. But when i chose to boot in recovery mode, its works fine, but when im supposed to chose an option i press enter but no respond is given. Yes i have a ubuntu live cd, which i tryed to reinstall with but that aint happeing cause its keep booting to grub!