PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntustudio 16.04 live DVD won't shut down after eject

anthonyjeswald
May 3rd, 2016, 10:44 PM
Hey, all. I haven't seen anyone with this issue yet, but I'll delete if this has been solved.

The problem: I can't shut down my Lenovo z570 laptop from the 64-bit Ubuntustudio 16.04 live DVD. It gets to the point where it says to eject the DVD, and then freezes until I press the power button.

I'm concerned that this behavior will continue if I install it.

By the way, I'm able to use REISUB when still in the live DVD desktop environment, but not REISUO (which just causes a black screen without shutting down).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

T.J.
May 4th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Hey, all. I haven't seen anyone with this issue yet, but I'll delete if this has been solved.

The problem: I can't shut down my Lenovo z570 laptop from the 64-bit Ubuntustudio 16.04 live DVD. It gets to the point where it says to eject the DVD, and then freezes until I press the power button.

I'm concerned that this behavior will continue if I install it.

By the way, I'm able to use REISUB when still in the live DVD desktop environment, but not REISUO (which just causes a black screen without shutting down).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hard to say. Some machines have very quirky shutdown behavior with live CDs, that completely disappears after install. I'd give you decent odds that it will be fine, but I can't guarantee it 100%. I did a simple search and found this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2292569

It suggests that a BIOS upgrade may resolve any issues you have. That seems reasonable to me. Most issues involving strange behavior are caused by BIOS bugs.

anthonyjeswald
May 8th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Thanks! I am going to try a BIOS update as soon as I get something to back up my data.