PDA

View Full Version : Batman Vs Superman = Lex OS n staff

juan53
April 30th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Deare gentlemen
I want to make a reflexion about computing in Batman Vs Superman.
Fist to say. Well, Microsoft wants Windows to be your favourite OS. That is quite clear. During the film A plenty of Wos 10 desktops are shown, specially in Daily Planet headquarters. WB let us quite clear that Superman uses Microsoft's system. Apart from that, you are able to se a couple of Lumias. It happened when Brus Waine made a copy of the phone of the russian badass.

Apart from the intense publicity of Microsoft, someting turned up. The Lex OS. As far as I see, not only Lex Os has its own website, but also there is a beta testers website:
https://www.lexcorp.io/#/lex-os
https://www.lex-os.io/

Is it for real? Is Lex OS going to be release? Is it a whole OS, a theme or a kind of GTK + icons? And if it's true... will it run over a Linux Kernel?

cariboo
May 1st, 2016, 02:15 AM
Looks like purely marketing to me.

Frogs Hair
May 1st, 2016, 02:29 AM
Interactive marketing , there are discussions on reddit. "Neural network based system possibly developed via initial Kryptonian technology"

yoshii
May 1st, 2016, 03:00 AM
I still think that Microsofts commercials of the "bug" enthusiasts talking about video about "bugs" with the two female entymologists(?) or etymologists(?) (bug scientists)...
... anyways I think they did that so that when anybody would look up "Microsoft bugs" they'd get hits to the commercials instead of the several trillions of software bugs found in Microsoft products sloppily made over the decades.

grahammechanical
May 1st, 2016, 10:46 PM
Help me decide. There is this OS by Microsoft and then there is this other OS by Lex Luthor. Who should I trust? :)

juan53
May 2nd, 2016, 12:28 AM
Surelly we must trust in Lex OS. It might be less gossip than Wos 10. xD Anyway, the desktop environment looks cool with its flat GTK and icons... I hope Canonical would release a restyled desktop like that. The promised Unity 8... Thanks folks!