PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] upgrade hangs at eula

HappyAsHellas
April 29th, 2016, 04:03 PM
I am trying to upgrade from 14.04 to 16 and everything was going smoothly till it got to the configuring mscorefonts agreement. I can scroll to the bottom of the page, but pressing enter to confirm the OK does nothing. What should I do now? If I reboot will I still have 14.04?

grahammechanical
April 29th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Perhaps you need to click that box or move to it using tab. All that will happen if you do not confirm acceptance of the EULA is that you will not get mscorefonts downloaded & installed. If you need those Microsoft fonts then it will be possible to install them after the installation is finished by installing Ubuntu Restricted Extras.

Regards.

DuckHook
April 29th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Have never tried, so don't know. Did you back up critical data before upgrade attempt? If so, then in worst case, aborting mid-stream is only an annoyance. If not, then possibly major issue (see my signature). Do not reboot before trying <Ctrl>+<C>. At least this gives you the chance to end upgrade process with some degree of grace. Before doing anything drastic, try a few more key presses: press <Tab> a few times before <Enter> to see if the problem is not misplaced focus.

**EDIT**

ninja'd by grahammechanical.

+1 Good approach.

HappyAsHellas
April 29th, 2016, 04:35 PM
The tab selection worked - thank you very much

DuckHook
April 29th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear it worked. Please mark thread *solved* so that others can benefit from your solution.