PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Mouse Cursor

wjbmd48
April 25th, 2016, 06:31 PM
hi:

i've upgraded a few systems to Lubuntu 16.04 (Thinpad X40), and everything works fine *except* the disappearing mouse cursor problem seen, apparently, with 15.04 and 15.10:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/626078/mouse-cursor-invisible-after-15-04-update

i've tried just about everything on the above page, including writing a pointer.sh script, no joy. sudo service lightdm restart temporarily fixes it, but resets my desktop.

any ideas?

if it's a bug that's being fixed, i'll happily continue on with my 14.04 systems and wait for the upgrade fix.

as always, you guys are the best! thanks so much,

bill

sgarman
May 6th, 2016, 04:44 PM
I'm hoping to find a permanent fix to this as well. I'm running xubuntu 16.04 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s. I only seem to lose my mouse cursor when waking from suspend. If I go to a virtual console (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and then back to Xorg (Ctrl-Alt-F7), I get my cursor back. Possibly a workaround you could use in the meantime without having to restart your desktop session.

wjbmd48
May 6th, 2016, 04:53 PM
On further research, this seems to be a pretty well-known bug in at least Lubuntu, Xbuntu, and Kbuntu, and a fix is supposedly in the works. There's a simple and easy workaround: ctrl-alt-F1, followed by ctrl-alt-F7 cycles the screen off and on, returning the cursor; you don't even take your fingers off ctrl-alt to do this, very fast. I'm a happy camper waiting for the permanent fix.

Bill