PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 16.04 lts install issues and desktop not loading

zka719
April 25th, 2016, 03:58 AM
I have recently built my first computer and have been running Ubuntu 14.04. Then Ubuntu 16.04 came out and I tried to do a clean install. During the install there were some issues like an image type error when I mounted the usb I was using to boot and if I clicked "install third party software" the installer would freeze. Once the installation process completed successfully and I booted into Ubuntu the desktop would not load

I am not really looking for a solution like booting into a terminal and installing a different desktop environment. I just want to know if these bugs have been recognized and if they will be fixed soon.

QIII
April 25th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Hello!

We don't know that these are "bugs". I haven't encountered these difficulties, nor have many, many others. We first need to diagnose the issues and will need some diagnostic information.

Could you please provide your hardware specifications?

Did you check the integrity of the image when you downloaded it?

zka719
April 25th, 2016, 04:34 AM
I downloaded 2 images when the first one didn't work I downloaded a new one and made a new bootable usb. I am using a gtx 960 (possible driver issue) Samsung 1 tb. ssd. Intel 6700k. Msi gaming m3 motherboard. 16 gb gskill vengeance ddr4 (integrity verified)