PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Rythmbox and TypeCatcher since upgrading to 16.04

steveparbkk
April 24th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Hi

Since upgrading to 16.04 64-bit I've experienced a series of issues with software packaged with Ubuntu and also other software I've attempted to install. After a lot of fiddling about I managed to get VirtualBox to install and function correctly, although I had to completely remove it and then reinstall it, which is unusual - typically I rarely have issues installing new software.

Anyhow, ever since the upgrade, Rythmbox hasn't worked and that is even after uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Also, because the screen fonts are a difficult to see black colour, I decided to install TypeCatcher. The installation appeared to proceed without issue, however, I can't launch it. If I try and launch it it the icon flashes in unity and then disappears. I've completely uninstalled it and purged it and reinstalled it, but it still doesn't work. I've been trying to find other posts of people experiencing similar issues, but I can't find anything.

Any insights would be gratefully considered.

Thanks