PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives for upgrading to 16.04?

lakeshore2985
April 23rd, 2016, 03:26 PM
So Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is out, and I'm still stuck with the previous 14.04 LTS. Can't complain though as my current system is very stable, but there are couple minor changes to 16.04 that I quite enjoy, like the new terminal color scheme and, most importantly of all, the ability to "Open Terminal Here" in Nautilus, not present in 14.04. Very convenient feature indeed!

Does anybody know how to have such features applied to my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS? Don't wanna go through a clean install again (not so fast), and upgrading is not really recommended either.

Topsiho
April 23rd, 2016, 03:54 PM
So Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is out, and I'm still stuck with the previous 14.04 LTS. Can't complain though as my current system is very stable, but there are couple minor changes to 16.04 that I quite enjoy, like the new terminal color scheme and, most importantly of all, the ability to "Open Terminal Here" in Nautilus, not present in 14.04. Very convenient feature indeed!

Does anybody know how to have such features applied to my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS? Don't wanna go through a clean install again (not so fast), and upgrading is not really recommended either.

You say your system is very stable, which is more important than the minor changes in 16.04 that you mention. I guess you should wait for the 16.04.1 point release before moving to 16.04, as probably in the mean time some possible problems in 16.04 will be ironed out.

If you want your terminal within close reach, you might move it's icon to the starter or to the desktop.

Topsiho