PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Upgrading from 16.04 Final Beta(2) to 16.04 Final release?

Christopher
April 23rd, 2016, 08:40 AM
I installed the final beta release & was curious if this command would be correct to upgrade now that the final release is available? "sudo do-release-upgrade -d" Also what command could i use in console to see what version im running now? Thanks in advance. Chris.

PaulW2U
April 23rd, 2016, 11:26 AM
I installed the final beta release & was curious if this command would be correct to upgrade now that the final release is available? "sudo do-release-upgrade -d" Also what command could i use in console to see what version im running now? Thanks in advance. Chris.
Chris, as soon as you started updating the beta then you were on your way to having the final release. Each update got you that little bit closer. Any alpha or beta release is just a snapshot of development so far and subject to a little more testing than the daily builds.

The following command should show that you've installed the latest updates:

lsb_release -a
You should see something like this, i.e. "(development branch)" is no longer present :

paul@N7110~> lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

Christopher
April 23rd, 2016, 03:36 PM
Chris, as soon as you started updating the beta then you were on your way to having the final release. Each update got you that little bit closer. Any alpha or beta release is just a snapshot of development so far and subject to a little more testing than the daily builds.

You should see something like this, i.e. "(development branch)" is no longer present :

paul@N7110~> lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

Yup, thats exactly what i see when i type
lsb_release -a into console. Thanks much appreciated! :biggrin: