PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 16.04: "Shell Theme" dropdown empty in gnome-tweak-tool :-/

The Bright Side
April 23rd, 2016, 01:43 AM
Hey guys!

I set up Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 today and installed Gnome Shell 3.20 on it. I downloaded the Zukitre theme and unzipped its folders into both ~/.themes (which I created manually), and into /usr/share/themes. I then made sure the root user had permissions to access the folders in /usr, and my user had access to the ones in ~/.themes.

In gnome-tweak-tool, I enabled the user-themes extension. I can select Zukitre as a GTK+ theme, but not as a Shell theme! In fact, in the /usr/share/themes folder, there's already a whole bunch of additional themes that I thought I might be able to use, but no dice. Nothing shows up in the "Shell theme" dropdown menu.

Any thoughts?

The Bright Side
April 23rd, 2016, 01:47 AM
Quick update! I think I found out how to get the Shell theme to work. In the "Appearance" tab of gnome-tweak-tool, to the left of the dropdown menu for Shell themes, there's a browse button. I browsed to my Downloads folder and selected the zip file I had downloaded from the Zukitre website. After that, the name of the zip file (zuki-themes-master) appeared in the dropdown menu.

Now, I can select that and I get a nice sexy Shell theme.