PDA

View Full Version : What's with Kyolo Ren's mask then?

t0p
April 21st, 2016, 06:15 PM
Grandpa Darth Vader had a good reason for wearing his mask: quite apart from the fact that it's part of his life support system, it looks all ominous and scary and hides his battle wounds from the less queasy amongst the audience. But why does Ren wear a mask? The only reason I can think of is it's some kind of tribute to his late father the Dark Lord of the Sith. But that's daft: at the end of the day Vader was a crap Sith Lord (he attacked the Emperor!).

Is there a specific reason for Ren's mask? Or is it merely to make it easier to identify him in all those fast-action scenes?

Also, anyone here remember "Ren & Stimpy"? Does Kyolo resemble Ren ("Steeempy!)? Or is that just me?

QIII
April 21st, 2016, 06:26 PM
Kylo Ren is definitely suffering from "Space Madness"!

montag dp
April 21st, 2016, 06:54 PM
I think the mask is because he idolizes Darth Vader. About Darth Vader turning to the light side at the end, it's possible Kylo Ren either didn't hear or chose not to believe that story.

(I do think that Kylo Ren is the lamest of the Sith villains. Also, the overarching plot of that movie was pretty lame, what with Luke pouting on a distant planet and the bad guys constructing yet another Death Star. Oh yeah, and the piece of the map that had been missing all those years just sitting right there in Luke's own droid that apparently no one bothered to check.)

QIII
April 21st, 2016, 07:13 PM
The mask is basic Knights of Ren style. Hides his identity.

Ren is not Sith.

Habitual
April 21st, 2016, 07:55 PM
Also, anyone here remember "Ren & Stimpy"? Does Kyolo resemble Ren ("Steeempy!)? Or is that just me?
Because we're Fire Dogs!

Wife hated the show and refused to let me watch it.
So I banned Bravo.

SantaFe
April 21st, 2016, 08:54 PM
I think the mask is because he idolizes Darth Vader. About Darth Vader turning to the light side at the end, it's possible Kylo Ren either didn't hear or chose not to believe that story.

(I do think that Kylo Ren is the lamest of the Sith villains. Also, the overarching plot of that movie was pretty lame, what with Luke pouting on a distant planet and the bad guys constructing yet another Death Star. Oh yeah, and the piece of the map that had been missing all those years just sitting right there in Luke's own droid that apparently no one bothered to check.)

R2-D2 was in Power saving mode, apparently set by Luke when he left. What I found funny, is why he suddenly reactivated when they got the missing part of the map. Maybe Luke used the force to restart R2 when he sensed they had the key? If so, that's some reach. ;)

montag dp
April 21st, 2016, 09:32 PM
I guess Luke must have been the only one with the root password. It seems like they could have forced the Apple of their galaxy to unlock it or something, if the info was that important. Either way, I thought that part was pretty silly.

yoshii
April 21st, 2016, 10:41 PM
...because JJ wants all the franchise money and the movie-making people don't really care about the details the way the fans do.