PDA

View Full Version : Lubuntu install loop

Nathan_Drake
April 11th, 2016, 05:12 AM
So I'm still generally new to the Linux world but I have been seeking to get the hang of it up to this point. I have a hard drive for my desktop computer that runs the latest stable Ubuntu release and im loving it thus far. I had an old emachine m2352 laptop that I wanted to start using for work purposes but it was always a pretty slow machine as I had it running windows 7 which is too much OS for such a low grade machine. I thought due to the low system requirements of lubuntu that it would be a way for me to revive this old laptop. Upon booting from the disk it brings me to the start up screen that asks if I want to install or try before installation. Either option gives the same result. It loads for approximately 15 seconds and sends my computer into sleep mode. I never had this happen while running windows xp or 7 and also if I just leave it on the boot screen it stays awake forever. Computer is constantly plugged in while in use as im waiting for a new battery in the mail. Any way it's getting pretty frustrating to complete what should be a relatively simple task so If anyone has any ideas it would me much appreciated

mörgæs
April 11th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

Have you tried the alternate ISO (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Alternate_ISO)?