PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blank while trying to install Unbuntu

anand27
April 1st, 2016, 12:41 AM
Hi !!

Mine Laptop is Acer AS 4250S AMd 64 bit, i tried installing ubuntu via a USB DVD Drive. But while booting the OS through the BIOS getting a blank screen.

T0xic_Vap0r
April 1st, 2016, 12:58 AM
I think the problem is your screen, you should probably get another one :D

QIII
April 1st, 2016, 01:03 AM
By what special devination do you come by this conclusion?

T0xic_Vap0r
April 1st, 2016, 01:06 AM
Because ubuntu booting to a blank screen is most certainly caused by the screen not working even if it works at all other times, simple logic.

grahammechanical
April 1st, 2016, 01:08 AM
You might need to use one of the F6 boot options. Read through this link and note the heading Change the CD's Default Boot Options. See section 6 - F6. Try nomodeset.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions

Regards.

QIII
April 1st, 2016, 01:11 AM
No, T0xic_Vap0r. That is not certain. If you have nothing to offer other than suggesting the OP throw money at an as yet undiagnosed issue, perhaps you should refrain from continuing with this one.

yetimon_64
April 1st, 2016, 03:24 AM
... simple logic.

Rarely works on ubuntu when problems like this occur, you could have cost the OP money with such "simple" solutions that most likely are not a solution at all but a wild guess ; see grahammechanical's suggestion in the next post after yours. I have on some hardware (Edit: also an Acer laptop with an AMD gpu, different model to the OP's though, with win XP) copped the blank screen effect, one boot option changed, nomodeset, and the screen then worked.

@ OP, before running off to buy new hardware (most likely totally unnecessary) try the nomodeset kernel boot option as suggested by grahammechanical.

RobGoss
April 1st, 2016, 02:48 PM
Hi !!

Mine Laptop is Acer AS 4250S AMd 64 bit, i tried installing ubuntu via a USB DVD Drive. But while booting the OS through the BIOS getting a blank screen.

Hello and welcome, sometimes when trying to install a distribution there can be many things that prevent the installation from going smoothly.

It would help if you could give more details on the hardware you have on your machine. Ram, Processor and how much space you have available on your Hard drive. It might be a simple thing like creating a new USB ISO insulation because sometimes the one you've chosen might not be a good one.

You should always do your research when you have problems like this with Linux distros before you go spending money on something to you might not even need.

This might have some information about what's goings-on with your system.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/BlankScreen

slickymaster
April 1st, 2016, 02:55 PM
Moved to the Installation & Upgrades sub-forum