PDA

View Full Version : i2p and Freenet

grace3
March 19th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Hello,

I have been experimenting with i2p and Freenet; but have found the content in these places unsophisticated and out of date. Quite a disappointment. These projects apparently offer up-to-date installation candidates; but frankly there doesn't seem to be anything of value to connect to. I don't get the impression that there's any Free Speech going on in these places. The documentation I've been able to find seems to indicate that the technology is sound and in many ways more secure than TOR; but the Onion sites certainly have obtained greater popularity; and have modern web interfaces, which the aforemention systems do not.

Would it be possible to get a few informed opinions about the viability of these projects; and where they might fit into an overall security and anonymity strategy? For example, I have an HMA IP over UDP router; and have TOR, i2p and Freenet on my laptops. Is there some combination of these technologies that will provide the greatest security with maximum spam resistance? WoT appears to have a lot going for it; but Freenet appears to be deprecated as well as i2p. Are there any other projects that I should consider? Oh, and how about some real content?

Thanks, Grace