PDA

View Full Version : opengl problem when trying to compile

forrestcupp
August 7th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I know I'm probably in the wrong forum, but I don't know where to ask this. I'm trying to compile an adventure game called Loose Cannon. I found out about the game on the Ubuntu native games page. Its homepage is http://loose-cannon.sourceforge.net/ When I run ./configure everything goes well until the end where I get

configure: error: *** OpenGL GL-library not found

I don't understand, because I have nvidia drivers installed, and all of my opengl games from the repos work great. It looks as if I have my libgl files in /usr/lib. I have had this error with other things as well. Does anyone have any ideas?

Engnome
August 8th, 2006, 12:20 AM
When compiling you usually need the -dev versions of the libraries.

forrestcupp
August 8th, 2006, 12:35 AM
When compiling you usually need the -dev versions of the libraries.

Thank you. I was just coming back to say that I figured it out. I guess I just assumed I had the devs, and now I realize that you don't initially have any. Everything worked when I got the devs.

themusicwave
August 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Would you mind explaining to me how you installed the dev libraries?

I am a recent convert from windows and I have no idea how to setup for OpenGl Programmign in Ubuntu.

Engnome
August 8th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Would you mind explaining to me how you installed the dev libraries?

I am a recent convert from windows and I have no idea how to setup for OpenGl Programmign in Ubuntu.

Open synaptic, search for the library. Pick the one that ends in -dev and mark to install. Click apply.

themusicwave
August 8th, 2006, 08:19 PM
That sounds pretty easy. I assumed it would be like windows where I had to copy dlls to directories and such.

Thanks!