PDA

View Full Version : Extracting GPU Core Info using OPENCL

pradyot
March 14th, 2016, 05:39 AM
Hi,
I am using OPENCL for last two months and pretty much understood the basics of it. I am working on NVIDIA QUADRO 410 card. At this point I can write simple kernels and good host programs.
Now I wanted to know if it is possible to fetch the core details of my card when i am executing my kernel. I want to map a particular thread to that core where it has performed the operation. The card I am using
has 192 CUDA core (cuda core coz its NVIDIA) when I define the total number of thread and the number of threads in the group , and when these threads perform any operation say matrix multiplication , is it possible to
to see which thread gets executed in which cuda core. If yes how?
It would be very helpful if u can come up wih this answer as i have searched in internet and came up with nothing.
regards
Pradyot

pradyot
March 16th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Hi,

Here's something I managed to figure out. I used a feature called inline PTX to return the particular details of the thread . In this case i used it to get the warp ID, warp lane ID and the streaming multiprocessor ID. However the warp id and warp lane id is coming out as expected(ie warp lane from 0-31 and each warp getting executing) the SM ID is 0 (zero) for all the threads. When i checked the clinfo , the Max compute units: 1. So does this mean that the SM ID is zero for all the threads is zero because of that?

Also how can my nvidia quadro 410 have Max compute units as 1 when there are 192 cuda cores?