PDA

View Full Version : Shut down button in cinnamon

juancompadre
March 14th, 2016, 01:27 AM
Hello, I am using ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon 2.8.6 and when I press the shut down button, it appears a window where I can only press cancel. Before this problem happened, in this window I could choose to shut down, restart and suspend. I have reinstalled cinnamon and the problem is still there. When I use unity or gnome I don't have this problem, it only happens with cinnamon. Any ideas of how to solve that?

I have attached an image of this window

Edison_James
March 14th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Hello, I am using ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon 2.8.6 and when I press the shut down button, it appears a window where I can only press cancel. Before this problem happened, in this window I could choose to shut down, restart and suspend. I have reinstalled cinnamon and the problem is still there. When I use unity or gnome I don't have this problem, it only happens with cinnamon. Any ideas of how to solve that?

I have attached an image of this window

Hello and welcome to the forum. I like the Cinnamon desktop myself and solved the problem of using it with ubuntu by switching to Linux Mint 17.3 where it is the default DE. Mint is based on ubuntu anyway so it's not a big change.:)

juancompadre
March 15th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Hello, thanks for the answer. Yes it can be a good option for a future installation but I don't think I should change my entire linux for a little problem like this.

Edison_James
March 15th, 2016, 03:30 AM
Hello, thanks for the answer. Yes it can be a good option for a future installation but I don't think I should change my entire linux for a little problem like this.

You are probably right, sorry I can't be of more help.