PDA

View Full Version : Blurry windows in Cinnamon

Evil Wayz
March 11th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I am running 14.04.4 LTS with the 3.16.0-65-generic kernel. I am running CInnamon 2.8. I turned off all the window and desktop effects, but every time I move the mouse off the current window, all the texts gets blurry. When I click on the window, it clears back up. It's annoying, and I don't know how to fix it.

Evil Wayz
March 11th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Ok seriously, I have turned off everything I can find. Nobody else has had this problem?

goofprog
March 12th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Is your desktop the same resolution as your monitor or viewing pane? A lower resolution on the desktop would make it blurry on LCD viewing devices.

Evil Wayz
March 15th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Th resolution is fine, actually it works at a higher resolution than gnome flashback. And its nothte whole screen that is blurry, just hte inactive windows. THe window I have focus on is razor sharp clear, and as soon as I click on another window, that window becomes clear.

As a work around, I have been turning my computer on, and then logging out completely, and then logging back in and it stops doing that. But if I reboot for a kernel upgrade, it resumes it's stupid blurry behaviour.

Evil Wayz
April 12th, 2016, 09:28 PM
And now logging out doesnt help either. No one else has experienced this behavior? Or no one uses CInnamon?

Evil Wayz
April 29th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Well for now running Cinnamon in software rendering is doing the trick.