PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble with dual boot- Windows 10/Toshiba Satellite

jospph
March 11th, 2016, 05:08 AM
I am wanting to install Ubuntu, via USB dual boot, on my laptop (replacing the current Windows 10 already installed). When I do engage dual boot the menu shown in the pictures comes up, I select the install option, and nothing but a black and blank screen shows. What can I do to get passed this?

Bucky Ball
March 11th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Boot to Windows 10, switch off hibernation and fastboot or whatever else might be keeping the drive awake. When hibernation is on Win never shuts down and neither does the partition get closed.

Which version/flavour of Ubuntu are you trying to install? Don't remember seeing the menu you're getting. That looks wrong to start.

PS: If you're intending to wipe Windows and just install Ubuntu, that is not a dual-boot.

On second thoughts:

Thread closed.

See here. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2316678&p=13453480#post13453480) Please do not post duplicate threads about the same issue. You are already being helped on the other thread so unsure why you did in this case. :-k