PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Libreoffice Help not in english version?

eightbits2010
March 9th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Ubuntu 15.04

Using Libreoffice:
Version: 4.4.6.3
Build ID: 40m0(Build:3)
Locale: en_US.UTF-8

While accessing the help menu in Libreoffice Writer I get a Swedish menu. Some of it is in English. Is this a setting issue or do I need to re-install Libreoffice or just re-install the Writer?
I was accessing help in order to print a envelope.

Thanks for any assistant, I was concerned tat this is not yhe correct version I should be using.

goofprog
March 9th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Honestly, I would just grab a book from the public library on Libreoffice (openoffice)
You just have to find the "page size" of the envelope and use that. Just go to the main web site and download the help file in english as another solution.

deadflowr
March 9th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Well, what version, or where did you get the version in use?
And which language is preferred?

Also Ubuntu 15.04 has met it's demise (http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2016/02/05/ubuntu-15-04-vivid-vervet-end-of-life-reached-on-february-4-2016/)

ajgreeny
March 9th, 2016, 11:36 PM
Run command
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-help-en-gb or -us at the end of package name if in USA and needing the US English version.

You may find you have other unwanted help versions installed which you can find with
dpkg --list libreoffice-help* Those in lines starting with ii are installed and you can remove any others you do not want with the appropriate sudo apt-get remove packagename command.