PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Installation not found after updates, clean install. SSD Xubuntu.

alex508
February 22nd, 2016, 04:38 PM
I have an interesting problem with a xubuntu install.

I pulled a working xubuntu SSD from a dual boot windows 10 computer and installed it into another computer hoping to install a fresh xubuntu. I fixed my windows 10 install MBR and that computer works fine as a Windows only machine now.

On the other computer, the xubuntu installer was showing only 2MB of free space so I couldn't install. I used live cd with gparted and it reported 2MB free space also and the rest of the drive was not found. Had to install the SSD into a windows machine, which would see all the partitions, to delete partitions and then the xubuntu installer would see the drive just fine. That’s ok and after the installer completes, I can boot to my new installation just fine; everything works perfectly. After I install all updates from the software updater, reboot causes error where OS can’t be found. Live CD gparted shows the same 2MB free space again and the rest of the drive is not detected. I can’t even edit the partitions or anything. I have to remove the drive, install into windows machine and repeat. I’ve never had this problem before with any linux installs, not sure where to go from here.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! FYI, I've attempted this with 32bit versions of Xubuntu 15.10 and Linux Mint 17.3 with the same results. The computer is a foxconn NT-A3500 which has worked fine for Linux installs in the past.

Alex