PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu installation, need your guide for BIOS-setup

bijaydeyp
February 12th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Hi guys
I am going to reinstall ubuntu on my dual-booted system(windows7+ubuntu 14.04).
in the BIOS-setup, there is an item-- "Large Disk Access Mode" with two options 'DOS' or 'Other'. see Screenshot

the question is which one should I select for? a similar problem can for server installation can be found here http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1327081.html

thank you.

Vladlenin5000
February 12th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Hi and welcome.

If you have Windows already installed you shouldn't change BIOS options. Ubuntu should work regardless of that option. The last time I saw such thing was 20 years ago ??

bijaydeyp
February 12th, 2016, 08:22 AM
you must be living in year 2030!!

Vladlenin5000
February 13th, 2016, 05:23 AM
I told you the last time I saw it was some 20 years ago and that's just my experience. I wasn't implying it couldn't be present in newer machines.
Now, a suggestion: Instead of posting something that adds nothing, why don't you follow up your other open threads? The user helping you would like to know whether or not the issues are solved - in which case you should thank them and use the thread tools to mark it as solved -.

daal
September 8th, 2016, 04:46 AM
I want to talk re usb tether from Android. I tried a message from your profile page, that failed. Trying this.
I have 14.04 now. Considering chrome OS computer too.

To remind:
Vladlenin5000 said:
October 11th, 2014
Re: tethering with easytether
For any newer Android versions you DON'T need third-party apps. You should be able to set it directly at Android settings, either by WiFi, Bluetooth or USB cable. You can even tether a WiFi connection to USB if you want thus transforming your phone in a glorified WiFi USB "dongle"...

I am thinking and will try as best I can.