PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB ports are disabled the moment Ubuntu 10.04 Server installation starts

Mohsen_Hameed
February 7th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Hi All,

I am facing quite a strange behavior on this Gigabyte 9100 D3V board while installing Ubuntu 10.04 Server AMD x64.

Problem: All USB ports are working until I select Install Ubuntu Server on this machine option. After it the screen appears for selection of Language but no USB port is working at this moment. Following are details:

OS to be installed: Ubuntu 10.04 AMD x64 Server
Motherboard: Gigabyte 9100 D3V

UEFI: UEFI enabled with CSM (means Legacy and UEFI both work)
I have also tried legacy only. But that made no difference.

What I have tried?
I tried different combination of UEFI and Legacy boot mode using CSM. Attached screenshot also explain the situation.

Please tell me how can I solve this problem?

Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks

QIII
February 7th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Before we get too far on this: You do realize that 10.04 has reached End of Life (EOL) and is no longer supported, do you not?

I would suggest installing a current LTS release of Ubuntu Server (12.04 or 14.04 -- and I would further suggest 14.04 since it is supported until 2019) before proceeding further.

Mohsen_Hameed
February 7th, 2016, 09:19 AM
First thank you QIII for quick reply.
I do know that its going to be obsolete soon. But I have to use it since many of my company products are developed for this particular version i.e. Ubuntu 10.04. For now I don't have option to use any other.
Could you please help me solving this problem for now. Thanks

QIII
February 7th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Not soon. It is already EOL as of April 2015. I would highly recommend that your employer/clients/customers upgrade if this used for mission-critical assets.

Wait a moment while I find a thread discussing some options for you.

Edit: Yours is not the same motherboard (I think yours is pretty old, is is it not), but I think you may possibly be running in to a common issue with may Gigabyte boards.

Please have a look at post #31 here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2111223).

If you do not have a setting for IOMMU for that board, it may be much too old for this to work.

You may need to use a PS/2 mouse and keyboard initially.