PDA

View Full Version : Aoc g2460pg

Welly Wu
February 3rd, 2016, 10:18 PM
I bought a new AOC G2460PG 24" 1920 X 1080P Full HD 1 ms GtG 144 hZ nVidia 3D Vision & G-SYNC PC gaming monitor with a Super Speed USB 3.0 hub including USB 2.0 High Speed ports. It has adjustable height, tilt, and full 360 degree swivel. It comes with a clip on cable management feature. I paid $471.55 USD for it including Amazon expedited shipping.

I still have an ASUS VS228 21.5" Full HD monitor, but it's really not designed for hardcore PC gaming. I would experience terrible lag, stutter, motion blur, and screen tearing in all of my SteamOS + GNU/Linux PC games constantly that it gave me bad nightmares.

I use it with my 2015 ZaReason Zeto desktop PC system. This is my Steam profile: https (https://www.steamcommunity/id/wellywu)://steamcommunity.com/id/wellywu. I list everything that I currently own including hardware and software and I keep it up to date. Please check it out if you want to learn more.

My AOC gaming monitor is amazing. While it does not fix all dramatic shifts in frames per second, it does get rid of everything else. PC gaming is at its finest at this price point and I wanted a 24" PC gaming monitor to fit on my wooden desk. PC gaming is buttery smooth, fluid, and dynamic with good picture quality and decent color reproduction for a TN panel. It makes for a more immersive PC gaming experience and the nVidia G-SYNC is a godsend feature for my EVGA Superclocked nVidia Geforce GTX Titan X GPU using DisplayPort 1.2. I did have to shut down my desktop PC and connect everything and boot back up for it to get a signal to my monitor the first time. Other than that, it's been perfect.

Now, I want to play more SteamOS + GNU/Linux PC games instead of just buying many titles and not playing anything at all. My desktop PC system is now complete for now.

jeff127
February 6th, 2016, 05:39 AM
USB 3 will be good in five year's time when everything needs 1080p or higher. USB 2 might not be fast enough for the video quality of tomorrow. The swivel feature sounds cool but my AOC is just a cheap one ($300 NZD, perhaps around $200 USD). I did a little trick - I bought a $70 NZD monitor stand which I attach the screen to. Just clamp to the desk and fiddle around with a wrench and screw driver for a while and it works! I get all the swivel-ness and tilting, plus I can raise it to eye-level.

I use a panasonic TV for Playstation 4 gaming. Again it was a $300 screen but it seems okay. I nearly beat Wolfenstein: The New Order on Uber difficulty but got stuck with the boss on the last mission. That's good FPS progress on a garbage screen, I reckon. The screen is 60htz which must be about 8 or 16ms compared to your 1ms response time *blush*. I avoid overspending on electronics.