PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem on startup after fresh installation.

j0beha01
February 2nd, 2016, 11:00 PM
Hey guys,

I recently installed ubuntu on a laptop and after I attempted to boot up the computer is said that it could not find a OS to load. I ran a boot repair program and reinstalled ubuntu and it loaded the OS fine. But after I turned the computer off and tried to boot up again the computer said that it could not find the OS again. So now every time I reinstall the program it works one time and then it will not boot up again after that.

Any help is appreciated.

pfeiffep
February 2nd, 2016, 11:07 PM
Hey guys,

I recently installed ubuntu on a laptop and after I attempted to boot up the computer is said that it could not find a OS to load. I ran a boot repair program and reinstalled ubuntu and it loaded the OS fine. But after I turned the computer off and tried to boot up again the computer said that it could not find the OS again. So now every time I reinstall the program it works one time and then it will not boot up again after that.

Any help is appreciated.Welcome to our forums. I think a few more details will be required to provide assistance.
Hardware specs
Other OSes
# hard drives
Ubuntu Version

kansasnoob
February 2nd, 2016, 11:34 PM
You can run Boot Repair from the same DVD/USB you used to install Ubuntu:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair#A2nd_option_:_install_Boot-Repair_in_Ubuntu

If that doesn't fix things for you please post the Boot Info URL.