PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to undo "Always perform this Action"

opus1
January 26th, 2016, 05:11 AM
As the title says... When I first plugged in my camera in my Wily Werewolf installation (Unity), I selected "open folder" and checked the "Always perform this action". Now I want to automatically open gThumb for import when I plug in the camera, but can't figure out how to change the "Always perform this action" setting!

Google produces instructions from 5-10 years ago and all I get searching this forum is unrelated, so apologies for posting a question that has already been answered; I can't seem to find it!

deadflowr
January 26th, 2016, 05:30 AM
I'm not currently on 15.10, but I think it should be like this:

Go to top right corner of your desktop, click the cog wheel icon.
Go to About This Computer.
Go to Removable Media.
Toggle you selection; you might need to other application option and sift through the programs to find gthumb.
And then close.

That should do it,
whether or not it does is a different story.

opus1
January 26th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Holy cow that was easy! Thank you! I wouldn't have thought to look at that button because it's log out/shut down etc. I was looking in System Settings instead.

I've been using xfce for the last 6 years, having switched to unity in the last month...

mc4man
January 26th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Only because you mentioned System Settings, the devil is in the Details

Bucky Ball
January 26th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Please see the first link in my signature and mark thread solved. Thanks. ;)

opus1
January 26th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Yeah, whoops... I remebered as I was going to sleep that I forgot to mark it. Will do.

opus1
January 26th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Mc4Man: It took me a minute... Clever!! :o And yes, now I see it. I don't know how I missed it before.