PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu GNOME first install error

charles66
January 24th, 2016, 04:53 PM
I decided to switch to Ubuntu GNOME from Windows 10, i downloaded the .iso from the site and followed the instructions, as well as checking my .iso file with winMd5Sum, yet when i boot from the install disc and select try GNOME, i want to test it before i go and fully install, the text is all kinds of messed up, it also just displays a line of code after it tries to run the boot, i have attached some pictures of the display, unfortunately due to me not being able to fully boot the OS i cannot screen capture, so instead i took the photos with my phone :/, any feedback is much appreciated :P

Vladlenin5000
January 24th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Hi and welcome.

Hardware specs are a must for this kind of troubleshooting because most likely you need one or more boot parameters. And, although it is usually irrelevant but better to know it before further comments, are you booting from a DVD or USB stick? If the latter, what tool have you used to make it?

ajgreeny
January 24th, 2016, 07:46 PM
I can't read whatever the error is in your screenshot #2, so it might help if you can give us an indication of that as well.