PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Software Updater persists suggesting unneeded update

Eanruig
January 22nd, 2016, 11:06 PM
This is an annoyance item. The Software Updater displays its window in the lower taskbar, telling me that it has an update. Usually, I take what is offered. However, it always suggests a German language update to Firefox. Now I have no objection to the German language - I can even fumble my way through a simple conversation. But I have no need of a German update to Firefox, so I always uncheck the selection box. Is it possible to set a flag, or some other notification so the Updater won't tell me about the update's availability? Otherwise, I must choose between continuing to uncheck the box, or break down and install something I have no reason to expect will ever be used.

Any ideas for another alternative?

Thanks for any help.

Eanruig

Dennis N
January 23rd, 2016, 12:10 AM
You could remove the unwanted language pack from your system. In the Ubuntu software center, search for "firefox-locale" in the search box, and scroll down through the results and find the German one (title "German language pack for Firefox"), Is it shown as installed? (green check on the icon) If so, you can select it, and then click the remove button to uninstall it.

Eanruig
January 23rd, 2016, 05:09 AM
Thank you, Dennis N. Your answer was exactly what I needed.

vasa1
January 23rd, 2016, 06:38 AM
Thank you, Dennis N. Your answer was exactly what I needed.
Then you can mark your issue SOLVED: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPostsTeam/SolvedThreads