PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Upgrade to Ubuntu 15.10 and now IDL has error. Java or Library problem?

florencesophie
January 8th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Hi I'm new to forums etc. I've just upgraded from Ubuntu 15.04 to 15.10 and have since had problems using IDL.
when I type 'idlde' into terminal I now get error message:

Exception in thread "IDL" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/exelis/idl82/bin/bin.linux.x86_64/libidl_ips.so.8.2: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.jav a:1758)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java :1683)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
at com.rsi.idldt.core.ips.IPS_Access.<init>(IPS_Access.java:44)
at com.rsi.idldt.core.ips.IPS_Access.get(IPS_Access.j ava:51)
at com.rsi.idldt.core.ips.IPS_Manager$2.run(IPS_Manag er.java:415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I've tried locate libXp.so.6 and I get this:

/usr/local/exelis/idl82/bin/bin.linux.x86/libXp.so.6
/usr/local/exelis/idl82/bin/bin.linux.x86/libXp.so.6.2

Sorry if it's something simple and I'm being stupid.

Thanks!

florencesophie
January 8th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Have I started this thread in potentially the wrong place? I chose this subforum because IDL worked before installing the Ubuntu upgrade and then didn't afterwards.

I think I am looking to link the correct path to the file libXp.so.6 (because it does exist) when IDL is called but I'm unsure how this is done.

Cheers

florencesophie
January 14th, 2016, 12:07 AM
Hi, thanks everyone.
Just in case anyone else has this problem in Ubuntu 15.10, here's what I did.

Looked at this which describes this exact problem:
http://www.exelisvis.com/Support/HelpArticlesDetail/TabId/219/ArtMID/900/ArticleID/13759/IDL-fails-to-install-on-Linux-What-to-do.aspx

..specifically
On some recent Ubuntu versions (such as version 15.10) the libXP package needs to be downloaded from the web first. The best place to look for these downloads is the Debian website and here is a link to download libxp6 from there https://packages.debian.org/stable/libs/libxp6.

So I downloaded the package using git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/lib/libXp

And then I had to download 'X11-proto-print-dev' in synaptic package manager for autogen.sh to run. configure, make and install the package.

Then in /usr/lib64/ where the new files have been installed -> ' sudo cp libXp* /usr/local/exelis/idl82/bin/bin.linux.x86_64/ '

hallelujah