PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Postgrey regex

cle-ziskind
December 30th, 2015, 12:32 AM
I'm told Postgrey uses standard regexes; more's the pity for me, as I can't get my brain in gear to figure them out.

How do I spec *.domain.com as a regex?

Thanks!

SeijiSensei
December 30th, 2015, 03:11 AM
\.domain\.com$ will match anything ending in "domain.com". The dollar sign represents the end of the string. If "domain.com" appears within a longer text string, omit the dollar sign.

The backslash character "escapes" the special meaning the period has in a regex. Usually a period is a wildcard for any single character, but "\." will treat the period as the actual character itself.

There are a lot of regex guides and tutorials on the Internet. Give Google a try.

cle-ziskind
December 30th, 2015, 03:42 PM
\.domain\.com$ will match anything ending in "domain.com". The dollar sign represents the end of the string. If "domain.com" appears within a longer text string, omit the dollar sign.

The backslash character "escapes" the special meaning the period has in a regex. Usually a period is a wildcard for any single character, but "\." will treat the period as the actual character itself.

There are a lot of regex guides and tutorials on the Internet. Give Google a try.

Thanks for the explanation. I *did* try Google, then my brain exploded. "Cleanup on Aisle Three!"
This is the kind of thing I would pay money (ok, a micropayment) for. Anyone know of such a site?