PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Files 3.18.2 "Move to" locks up after first use, cut and paste into folder doesn't

cigtoxdoc
December 29th, 2015, 03:32 AM
With Files 3.18.2, the "move to" command only works once when moving files from one folder to another, a second attempt with the "move to" command causes Files to "lock up" and the only way out is to try to close the program, and get the "This window is not responding" and click on "Force Quit".

I this a known problem?

Thank you,

John

grahammechanical
December 29th, 2015, 04:28 AM
I can confirm that this happens with Files 3.18.2. I do not usually use the "move to" option but I tried it as a test. And the first file moved correctly but then selecting a second file and selecting "move to" caused Files (nautilus) to grey out which is an indication that the application is busy and it does not seem to come out of the busy state. At least, not in the short time that a user has a right to expect.

Are you using xenial xerus? I am. So, I think that this thread should be in the Ubuntu Development Version section of the forum.

Regards

cigtoxdoc
December 29th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Thank you for your reply. OS is 15.10 (wiley). I am taking programs from Gnome3 and Gnome3-staging to get evolution 3.18.2 (the heart of my consulting business).

John