PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] After recent ugrades to 15.10, firefox has disabled Ubuntu/Unity extensions

cigtoxdoc
December 20th, 2015, 03:10 AM
I have been running Ubuntu 15.10 on my PCs for several months. I recently added the Gnome3 and Gnome3-staging PPAs so I could use evolution 3.18.2 . Now the Firefox Extensions, "Ubuntu Online Accounts", Unity Desktop Integration", and "Unity Websites Integration" are listed as "could not be verified for use in Firefox and have been disabled." What happened to cause these extensions to be disabled?

Please note that this thread is NOT solved

Thank you,

John

howefield
December 20th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Just for clarity, was this stock Ubuntu (with Unity) that you added the ppas to or was it Ubuntu Gnome ?

PS. No one bar you and staff can mark a thread as solved, and none of the staff did.

vasa1
December 20th, 2015, 12:43 PM
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/12/16/what-you-do-when-firefox-disables-installed-add-ons/ maybe relevant if Firefox is v43

cigtoxdoc
December 29th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Thank you for your replies. In answer to howefiled's question, problem occurs with straight Ubuntu (one PC) and Ubuntu Gnome (second PC)

Vasa1 had the correct answer. I followed the link he suggested, and the problem is now solved. Thank you.

vasa1
December 29th, 2015, 03:24 AM
Thank you for your replies. In answer to howefiled's question, problem occurs with straight Ubuntu (one PC) and Ubuntu Gnome (second PC)

Vasa1 had the correct answer. I followed the link he suggested, and the problem is now solved. Thank you.
You're welcome!

Assuming Mozilla goes ahead with removing the about:config option in v44, Canonical may want to sort out things before v44 (stable) is out.

Edit: Rumours are that mandatory signing won't be enforced before v47.