PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Gnome top bar and dock do not appear correctly

musonchi
December 16th, 2015, 09:43 PM
I love Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 and have been customizing it for a while for my own purposes. I am using two Gnome extensions: "Hide top bar" and "Dash to dock".

"Hide top bar" allows me to hide the top bar when a window is full screen. "Dash to dock" allows me to move my dash control to the bottom and to hide it when I am in full screen. Each extension allows me to use my cursor to make the panel and dock appear.

I have started using a Firefox extension called "Hide Caption Titlebar Plus". This allows me to hide my title bar in Firefox. However, when I am in full screen mode using Firefox, my top panel and dock will become unable to show when I move my mouse cursor over them. This only happens sporadically. When the top panel and dock become non responsive, I have to restart Firefox in order to have the top bar and dock show when I am in full screen.

I really like having as much screen space as possible. I've tried other extensions without success. Maximus and Pixelsaver do not give me the functionality that I want. Does anyone have a solution for this?