PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Update Problem Please help me :(

whyalwaysfadi
December 11th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Hello mates

I have a problem in my ubuntu 14.04 LTS operating system .. everything was ok and great .. until I once was updating my system and my laptop ran out of battery power during update .. I tried to update my system again but something strange happened , when I launch the software updater it gives me a message that asks me at the end to choose one option of these two : Partial Upgrade - Continue , I always choose the seond option (Continue) because a friend of mine told me that partial upgrade may damage my system. But what happens is that I can update all software in my system such as browsers , plugins , players .... etc. But I cant update software related to ubuntu base and kernel and wine ! And it can't be checked by the checkbox! I continue the update but then it says again : Partial Upgrade - Continue ..

Sorry for my poor english

and I'm not an expert ubuntu user :( so please help me mates

Thank you in advancehttp://i65.tinypic.com/2rniyrs.png

v3.xx
December 11th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Run this command in terminal

sudo apt-get update
If that outputs any errors, please post them. If you do not get any errors please run the upgrade command and let us know what happens.

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

whyalwaysfadi
December 11th, 2015, 03:13 AM
Run this command in terminal

sudo apt-get update
If that outputs any errors, please post them. If you do not get any errors please run the upgrade command and let us know what happens.

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

thakk you very much dude :D :D :D :D :D I ran the first command and received no errors .. then i ran the second and waited about 40 minutes for installations then my computer restarted and then i received a a message indicates that my computer's software is up to date :D :D :D

<3 many thanks

v3.xx
December 11th, 2015, 04:02 AM
Welcome

You may find this useful in the future

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto#Maintenance_commands

And welcome to the forums :)

whyalwaysfadi
December 20th, 2015, 11:49 PM
:d :d :d