PDA

View Full Version : Can't boot Ubuntu 15.10 ( not even the live version)

bappo
December 9th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Hi everyone ( sorry for my bad english), i own an Hp Stream 13 (2x1.6GHZ, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD) with windows 10, and yesterday i have successfully installed Ubuntu 15.10 ( using a 4gb usb stick with Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.6.2). Everything was perfectly fine, i have used my netbook with ubuntu the whole day, but now it won't start anymore!
Long story short, i wanted to try the live version on lubuntu 15 so i used the same software (USB-Installer-1.9.6.2) from my other deskto pc with windows, to load the iso on the usb stick. Now i don't know what happened with my notebook, but the live versione of lubunt didn't started, and this message appeared:

>Ignoring BGRT: Ivalid status 0 (expected 1)
>ACPI PCC probe failed
>sd:0:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found
>sd:0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write throught
>BusyBox v1.21.1 (Ubuntu 1:1.21.0-1ubuntu1) build-in shell (ash)
>Enter 'help' for a list of build-in commands
>(initramfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: Invalid argument
>Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

screenshot of the full message -> IMAGE (http://i.stack.imgur.com/zIZ32.jpg)

Basically now i can't use my notebook because if i try to just turn it on it wont start, and if try the live ubuntu / lubunt from the usb-stick it wont start too. I have tried 2 different usb stick and tried to mount ubuntu ( v.15 and v.14) and lubuntu more than once but everytime i got the same message.

I'm desperate i don't know what to do, i hope i don't have crashed my notebook :(