PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Lost the Plank dock icon, now I can't configure Plank

travissparks1307
November 18th, 2015, 12:38 AM
I decided to try out Plank since I've been using Gnome Flashback, and I really like it, but I goofed something up. I was going through the settings and found the option to hide the Plank icon in the dock, so I did, and it totally worked. Too well. I can't seem to get it back, and more importantly I can't seem to figure out how to configure Plank without it! I tried looking for ~/.config/plank/dock1/settings and it didn't exist, so I made it, and used an example I found online as a template to set things up, but it doesn't work. I don't think new versions of Plank support this since it now has a built-in settings dialog. If someone could give me the contents of ~/.config/plank/dock1/launchers/plank.dockitem so I could recreate it on my system, I think that would fix everything. I just need access to Plank's inbuilt settings-dialog so I can reconfigure it. I tried uninstalling, deleting everything, and re-installing, in an attempt to start from scratch and that didn't work.

travissparks1307
November 18th, 2015, 02:32 AM
So I obviously took stupid pills this morning. Turns out Ctrl+RightClick brings up a context menu that allows you to choose "Preferences". I feel like a Jerry among Ricks right now.

kserradell
June 9th, 2016, 10:43 AM
You are not alone in feeling obviously stupid... I had the same problem.