PDA

View Full Version : Have a question on 15.04

andreadixon825
November 17th, 2015, 06:36 AM
Hello, i just installed ubuntu 15.04 and just restarted computer and know its saying and gets stuck at
Starting Light Display Manager... And deal with any system changes..p link was shut down ...
What dose this mean, the computer stays there with that, and dose not load, its like stuck, plases help me, thank you

Bucky Ball
November 17th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades.

Could you be a bit more specific with the error messages you're experiencing and when? Have you done a search for the exact error message to see if anyone else has had this issue and perhaps found a fix?

andreadixon825
November 17th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Hi, it happens when ubuntu loads, and i cant do any thing eals, its gets stuck on that screen the black screen, i would give u more infor but im using my iphone because i cant us my computer because of that message, and i only have one computer right now.

Bucky Ball
November 17th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Take a photo of the message and attach it to a post here if possible. Make sure the text is readable.

Hit 'Adv Reply', use the paperclip icon on the toolbar to attach the pic rather than inserting it in the body of your post, please.

andreadixon825
November 17th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Here is the picture i hop it works

Bucky Ball
November 17th, 2015, 08:11 AM
It worked, although it's sideways. You mentioned nothing about using LVM. That could be the issue as you seem to be having an issue at the start, before any of the read out that ends in the error you reported.

I know nothing about LVM, sorry.

andreadixon825
November 17th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Ok thanks, I'm just going to reinstall ubuntu then, i just had all my software all setup, and did not want to reinstall every thing but, i dont have a chose now, thanks aging for your help.