PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 15.10 Oem Install Help

mason10
November 17th, 2015, 04:41 AM
Hey, I was trying to fix up a few old computers for a friends church, and i was trying to figure out how to do an oem install. I tried looking it up online, and i saw the press shift during boot thing, so i tried that, but i took me to a command line that just said "boot:" and i tried entering "ubuntu", "install", "oem", and a few other things like that but it kept saying that it was an invalid kernal. I couldn't find any other information about how to install oem. Any ideas? Thanks!

Bucky Ball
November 17th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Welcome. You are only halfway there:

Note: To get to the OEM Installation menu you have to keep the Shift key pressed during boot as of Lucid Lynx 10.04.1.

Once you are on the installer selection options menu hit the F4 key to select the OEM install mode. Then hit Enter.

:)

From here (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu_OEM_Installer_Overview) which is a straightforward guide to an OEM install.

mason10
November 17th, 2015, 01:20 PM
265648Unfortunately, that did not work, instead of taking me to the first picture in the guide it took me here,sorry its upside down.

Bucky Ball
November 17th, 2015, 02:15 PM
The image doesn't appear in your post. Please use advanced reply and attach it with the paperclip icon there rather than inserting it into the body of your post. Thanks.