PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 15.10 on Acer Aspire r11 (r3-131t-c28s)

spectrum3
November 7th, 2015, 04:48 PM
So I'm trying to install ubuntu on a new laptop/tablet I got the acer aspire r11. Having troubles booting into ubuntu after install. Live usb works great, I tried ubuntu 14 LTS before trying 15.10 and drivers failed for touchpad and wireless, but was able to install ubuntu to the 32 gb sd card which worked for a day then crashed, so I formatted the disk in order to try again. After formatting ubuntu would install properly but started hanging on "Loading initial ramdisk...". Im trying to go with a legacy install, no other os's installed atm. If anyone else has this problem with this pc and hangs on "loading initial ramdisk" and never boots, please let me know. I have tried using boot repair but it did not fix my issue. Here is the log file:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/13148350/

Thanks everyone

nedicivan
January 19th, 2016, 04:30 AM
The same issue for me, also Acer Aspire R11, mine with preinstalled Win10 though. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS LiveCD - not working touchpad and wifi
edit: Ubuntu 15.10 wifi and touchpad ok, but touchscreen not scrolling in LibreOffice for example, also not zooming