PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't facebook have a phone number?

michael-piziak
November 6th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Every major online company has a phone number - be it eBay, Amazon, PayPal, the list goes on.

Facebook is so large that Microsoft tried to buy it, so why don't they have a phone number when a user has a problem? Many users, like me, have community pages like official business community facebook pages on there.

But what do you do when you have a problem? Like tonight I can *NOT* post to my community page and make it stick - when I post to it, and refresh the page, my post simply is *NOT* on my timeline/wall.

I post here in the Cafe for help from time to time, but I know this is not the appropriate place to post for technical help for any website.

In my opinion, Facebook is making a heck of a lot of cash for being so large. So why no customer support?

I have used Facebook's online forum customer support forum, but it's like talking to a wall. One extremely rarely gets an answer by posting there - your question on that facebook online forum most the time just is your post there and no one sees the post or even tries to answer it.

I can not even go to a facebook page and try to pay facebook to allow me to call them. Canonical willingly accepts a person or business to pay them for help, but I have not had a need to pay them as the support forum here at ubuntuforums.org is so good I haven't needed to - unlike facebook's useless support forum where you get no replies or answers from facebook or anyone else (see below).

It really is ridiculous, in my opinion, it is ridiculous as facebook is making so much money and worth so much.

Michael

Oh, and here is a link to a person raising the same issue I am here but he puts it much more eloquently. And notice he posts it on the official online facebook forum help page, over a year ago, and not one single person from facebook or any where else replies to him. Click this link below (moderator, I certainly understand if you want to remove the link below, but please don't remove or close my entire post here):
https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=215173522019819

(https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=215173522019819)

MartyBuntu
November 6th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Oh, and here is a link to a person raising the same issue I am here but he puts it much more eloquently.

Yeah...that's not the impression I get...

buzzingrobot
November 6th, 2015, 02:01 PM
They don't want to answer calls?

Seriously, that would incur the expense of hiring/contracting enough staff to handle calls from a customer base of about 1 billion. Presumably, they don't think it's worth the money.

grahammechanical
November 6th, 2015, 03:07 PM
It is said that the word "ubuntu" means something like, "we are who we are because of who we all are." Well, in my opinion, corporations like Facebook are like this because users allow them to be like this. Really, how useful to your business is something like facebook? Is the business successful because it has a facebook page or despite having a facebook page?

oldos2er
November 6th, 2015, 04:17 PM
I googled "facebook phone number" and the first link that came up provided same.

Threads in the Cafe are preferably for fun and community-building. Please seek website support from those particular websites, whatever they might be.

Closed.