PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be back!

XDevHald
August 5th, 2006, 07:17 PM
"lo all,

It's been a good while since I've been here. I'm downloading the 6.06 of DD and can't wait to finally get this baby up and running again (Got 6 CD's of Ubuntu :p)

So what's good, how are tings, and what has changed?

ComplexNumber
August 5th, 2006, 07:34 PM
its been a long time. whats changed? well, canonical has gone into liquidation, qt has now gone public and abandoned kde because there is more money to be made from its mobile platform, microsoft has now released its own linux distribution called MSux, and linux's market share is now 46%. :p.

no, seriously. not a lot has changed. a tip for when you install dapper: when you are doing the partitioning, DO NOT backtrack(ie press the 'back' button). try to go straight through it without needing to go back and make any changes. and under no circumstances, do any resizing of current partitions. otherwise, it will give you a trace back error and screw up in the middle of the partitoning. thats how i lost the whole contents of my home partition. so be warned.

XDevHald
August 5th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks Complex :)

I'm already done with the download, so wish me the best with this one. I've been testing Dapper since it came out, but never came back to the forum due to work schedule and work related, but I do have alot to catch up on.

Thanks for the reply!

ComplexNumber
August 5th, 2006, 07:44 PM
good luck :). i'm sure you'll like dapper. many people do. but just take care during the partitioning, thats all.

Perfect Storm
August 5th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Hi Steve, long time no see, eh? :D
Good to see ya again. Any thoughts on going back to work on UDSF again?

bonzodog
August 5th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Hey Steve!!! (hugs!)

man, where you been?

Good to see you back, pop into IRC again and talk to us!

Good luck with installing dapper...I switched distro, but still lend a hand here, and am still looking after the UDSF in a non-team way.

The biggest change you will see is a massive re-organisation of the forums...look at the staff roster now. Kassetra has gone, and is no longer admin, and there have been a lot of staff removed and hired.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showgroups.php <<<-- Staff Roster

XDevHald
August 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM
:o ! You're kidding right Bonzo? Kass actually left??? that's front page headline news for me man, wow :o

@AI, I've been busy man, I'm over at phplinkdirectory.com/forums as mod doing dome dev work over there and beta testing for the scripts and modifications for the script.

I've install Dapper 6.06, but I am having serious issues with getting some internet going, and don't have windows installed on my other partition. "And don't plan on it either" any ideas on what I can do?

P.S once I get my internet back, I just might get back into the work of the forums to get my feet wet "again"

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys!

P.S this forum layout is more like it, couldn't stand the other one :p

Jenda
October 31st, 2006, 09:44 PM
Welcome back, Steve :)
Nice to have you in the game again - be sure to log in to IRC from time to time, too.