PDA

View Full Version : No animation on icons in launcher in Unity when launching a program

RadFel
November 2nd, 2015, 12:20 PM
Hi guys,
I recently upgraded my system to Ubuntu 15.10.

When I press an icon in launcher in Unity, there is no animation indicating that a program starts. I downloaded CompicConfig Manager and set up blinking as the action, but still nothing.

I had Ubuntu 14.04 before and when I pressed an icon in launcher, the icon blinked until the program started.

Is there a change in Ubuntu 15.10 for this?

Regards,
Radek

howefield
November 2nd, 2015, 12:23 PM
Is there a change in Ubuntu 15.10 for this?

No, the icons should still pulse in 15.10.

Just wondering if what you are experiencing is an effect of the theme change you carried out as per one of your other threads.

Vladlenin5000
November 2nd, 2015, 01:24 PM
Just wondering if what you are experiencing is an effect of the theme change you carried out as per one of your other threads.

+1
Certain themes don't animate the icons. Arc, recently featured at omgubuntu.co.uk, is one of those.

RadFel
November 2nd, 2015, 05:38 PM
+1
Certain themes don't animate the icons. Arc, recently featured at omgubuntu.co.uk, is one of those.
Out of curiosity: isn't an effect supposed to be supported by an operating system, not a theme?

It doesn't have the effect even on the default radiance & ambiance themes.

howefield
November 2nd, 2015, 09:55 PM
It doesn't have the effect even on the default radiance & ambiance themes.

Then you have done something else to your system, my testing with the Arc theme saw the animations stop but return after reverting back to the stock default.

RadFel
November 3rd, 2015, 12:30 PM
Then you have done something else to your system, my testing with the Arc theme saw the animations stop but return after reverting back to the stock default.
I just upgraded from 14.04 to 15.04 and then to 15.10 via do-release-upgrade, so maybe something got broken in between the processes. On 14.04, before I started the upgrade process, everything was working fine. I didn't change any configuration files.

To be honest, I regret upgrading to a non-LTS version. I'd been using 14.04 LTS for 1,5 year and I was pretty satisfied. The UI was consistent, the functionality was there, the software versions were stable. With 15.10 I suffer...