PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 15.10 upgrade problems

john475
November 1st, 2015, 07:42 AM
Just upgraded my laptop to ubuntu 15.10, and occasionally when I turn my laptop on i'll just get a blank frozen screen so i have to force shutdown by holding the power button and turn on. It works fine after I do this, but i can't keep doing this to my computer any clues as to how i can fix this?

EODSteven
November 1st, 2015, 11:38 AM
I have also updated to 15.10 and cannot simply restart by clicking my name and selecting restart. This is not occasional as the previous post. I have not tried it under the Ubuntu Desktop yet, this is using Gnome Fallback desktop. What happened?

EODSteven
November 1st, 2015, 11:54 AM
Ok tested in Ubuntu Desktop and restart works fine, Just not under Gnome fallback Desktop. You can however just log out and restart from there or open Terminal and type sudo reboot.

john475
November 6th, 2015, 02:04 AM
I tried the reboot command in terminal (mine doesn't require sudo for some reason) i dont have a fallback os to run my system on. I do know there are ways to revert to an older kernel and use the previous 14.01? version, but i would like to figure out a way to stay on the upgraded 15.10 for updates and such.