PDA

View Full Version : Have a Nexus 5 looking to switch to Windows 10 phone...

waloshin
November 1st, 2015, 03:46 AM
I am looking to switch to Windows 10 phone as soon as it comes out for a change. As I have been running Android since my HTC Desire (same as Nexus one). Are there any phones or phones coming out to Windows 10 that will give me a good experience. Fast, good battery life, and possibly water proof?

Thanks

Bucky Ball
November 1st, 2015, 07:07 AM
This is a strange question to be asking on a Linux Ubuntu forum ... but you never know. You might be better served asking in a forum specific to Windows and Windows phones, though.

Good luck. :)

waloshin
November 1st, 2015, 07:11 AM
True.

davidvandoren
November 1st, 2015, 02:06 PM
I don't think that an Operating system can make a phone water proof. :lolflag:

mystics
November 1st, 2015, 03:15 PM
Given that the Lumia 950 will be out soon, you might want to wait until reviews of that start coming in.

As for waterproof, I don't know of Windows phones that are. It's hard enough to find an Android phones that do that, and Sony seems to be the only major manufacturer dedicated to the idea. That said, you may be able to get a waterproof case for whatever phone you buy, so you could try looking around at cases available for phones you are considering.

mJayk
November 3rd, 2015, 07:06 AM
Agreed I would wait for the new line, they seam pretty good. The current line of 8.1 (and 10TP) work well with ubuntu too.