PDA

View Full Version : Who un-friended me facebook app for Firefox and Google Chrome

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 07:49 AM
I looked on Firefox, and couldn't find it.

How would one install this add on to Firefox and Google chrome

see link here:

http://time.com/3947854/app-who-deleted-me-unfriended-unfriended-facebook/

I only have 40 friends, I just as easily print out my friends and figure it out be elimination - but I really don't care. I just find this a very interesting add on for both browsers.

Bucky Ball
October 30th, 2015, 07:59 AM
My attachment just about says it all, from this (http://www.deleted.io/) page which is linked to on the page you provided the link to. You didn't check it?

Bottom line: It doesn't work on Firefox.

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 08:03 AM
My attachment just about says it all, from this (http://www.deleted.io/) page which is linked to on the page you provided the link to. You didn't check it?

Bottom line: It doesn't work on Firefox.

ok my fault,

well upstairs I have a desktop that has Chrome and Chromium on it,

how to install it on one or both of those when i get up there?

Bucky Ball
October 30th, 2015, 08:23 AM
See the link I provided. Go there on Google Chrome or Chromium and that will probably tell you or give you a button to press once it detects your browser. Good luck. :)

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 06:50 PM
See the link I provided. Go there on Google Chrome or Chromium and that will probably tell you or give you a button to press once it detects your browser. Good luck. :)

Thanks, it works on Chrome and Chromium equally !

thread solved

Cavsfan
October 30th, 2015, 08:35 PM
There is also F.B. Purity which not only notifies you when a friend deletes you.
It also gives you a lot of control over what you see on facebook. You can hide a lot of the annoying things like trending, sponsers links, etc. you can even block specific words.
You have a lot of control with this addon.

The most current addon to several browsers: http://www.fbpurity.com/install.htm

Also their page: https://www.facebook.com/fluffbustingpurity/

Although mentioning it on facebook will get you into trouble.

I've used it for a couple years.

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 08:57 PM
ok I added it to firefox - how do I use it?

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 09:01 PM
ok I see, it puts "FBP" at top

So will it automatically alert me when things like I"m unfriended happen?

if so - too kewl!

2nd question, How do i take that add on off chrome and chromium so i can put FBP on them, so I can be consistent across all my browsers - ?

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Hmm, I wonder if this will affect us:

FBP reports

Important news for Firefox users of FBP. FB Purity newsfeed filtering functionality has stopped working correctly in Firefox 41
It seems Mozilla have migrated some code from FF42 to FF41, which has broken FBP's newsfeed filtering functionality in both the extension and GM version of FBP. I'm looking into fixing this. Other FBP functionality such as deleted friends alerts and hiding various sections of the page, etc will still work, its just filtering posts from the newsfeed that is affected by this issue.

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Houston there is a problem.

It could be related to my post at: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2301003

Or perhaps it could be related to this FBP add on in Firefox?

Anyways, when I use facebook now, it quickly shows me a whole list of people on the far right (all the way down screen), then it shortens the list to about 3 people - ?

Cavsfan
October 30th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Hmm, I wonder if this will affect us:

FBP reports

Important news for Firefox users of FBP. FB Purity newsfeed filtering functionality has stopped working correctly in Firefox 41
It seems Mozilla have migrated some code from FF42 to FF41, which has broken FBP's newsfeed filtering functionality in both the extension and GM version of FBP. I'm looking into fixing this. Other FBP functionality such as deleted friends alerts and hiding various sections of the page, etc will still work, its just filtering posts from the newsfeed that is affected by this issue.

It will work just fine. That warning is invalid. You just have to tell it it's ok to update.

And about controlling the stuff you see on FaceBook, you click on the FBP letters to have the drop down list display.
Then you will see lots of options: Newsfeed and Other options on the left and More and Further options in the middle. Then there's the Text Filter on the right that you add whatever you want to not see in your news feed.

It will have no effect on any java app.

Anyways, when I use facebook now, it quickly shows me a whole list of people on the far right (all the way down screen), then it shortens the list to about 3 people - ?

There is probably a setting for that but I'm always offline so I never see anything on the right side like others do. I don't mind though.

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 10:18 PM
I installed FBP on my laptop's Firefox.

I am now having the same problem on that Notebook - only 1 person showing up on the right side of facebook.

Someone please tell me how to un-install FBP from Firefox on both my computers now.

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 10:25 PM

There is probably a setting for that but I'm always offline so I never see anything on the right side like others do. I don't mind though.

Attached is a screenshot of the *very few* people I see on the right side, as previously I seen like an entire list on the right side telling me either who was on most recenlty or who I chat with the most.

Without this extended list, I'm not interested in this add-on. If no one can tell me how to remedy this, then please tell me out to remove this FBP add on - please

Screenshot below with names blurred out - circled in red.

QDR06VV9
October 30th, 2015, 10:43 PM
In Firefox>Tools> Add-ons> Extensions Click on the one you want Remove.

michael-piziak
October 30th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Thanks.

I suspect this add on isn't working right due to the news release about it I posted above.

It starts working right again, like I want to see that entire list on the right of facebook, someone please post and I'll give it another go.

Thanks again

Michael

p.s. Kewl, it let me simply disable it instead of remove it - so will make it easy for me to test it myself!

Bucky Ball
October 31st, 2015, 03:58 AM
Please mark the thread as solved as you're original issue is fixed. See the first link in my signature. Thanks.

michael-piziak
October 31st, 2015, 03:59 AM
If you want me to mark this thread as solved as the add-ons in Google browsers work, then I will.

However, I did think an add-on was possible in Firefox, as I mentioned Firefox in my original thread.

Do you want me to mark this thread as solved because add-ons work in Google Browsers but still not in Firefox browser?

If so I can mark it as solved, but I do not feel the add-on in Firefox browser is working properly - as I just activated it and tried it again, and it still does not deliver.

It's not that big of a deal to me, so I'll just go ahead and mark it as solved. But if you think it's not solved yet, then please unmark it as solved.

Cheers!

Michael