PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Position of Gnome Context Menu

stefanadelbert
October 24th, 2015, 03:28 AM
I recently installed Ubuntu 15.10 (Beta 2) on my Dell XPS laptop and ran it in native resolution (3200x1800). I then installed i3 and noticed that Gnome context menus (e.g. right-clicking nm-applet in the systray, right-clicking gnome-terminal, right-clicking nautilus) had their positions constrained to the top-left quadrant of the display. If I right-click near the top-left of the display then the context menu is in the correct position. But if I click anywhere below or to the right of the centre of the display then the context menu is positioned above and to the left of the centre of the screen.

I've attached a screenshot showing the context menu for nm-applet after right-clicking on its icon (bottom right). I noticed after I had taken the screenshot that the cursor appears to be at the bottom-right of the context menu (maybe this is a clue). Certainly that's not where the cursor was when the right-clicking happened.

I've played with scale-factor (com.ubuntu.user-interface) and I switched resolution down to 1920x1080, but the effect was the same. notify-osd notifications had the same problem.

Does anyone know what controls the position constraints for gnome applications? What could I do to correct this?