PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome 3.16 -> 3.18, framerate drops to ridiculous level

zuti
October 20th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Ok. I've been trying to tolerate this but it's just getting on my nerves too much.

Recently did an upgrade to Wily and got the latest Gnome 3.18 from the staging etc PPAs. Everything else works fine, but for some reason the framerate when using the desktop environment is ridiculously low. Especially when opening the virtual desktop view and really bad when scrolling through the application list (5fps if I'm lucky). Windowed/fullscreen content such as games still run at full speed, it's just the GUI that is sluggish as heck. I've tried the ole vsync tricks for clutter and just about anything I can come up with. Nothing helps.

Two different nvidia cards have been used (680 and 970), no difference.

I'm assuming this should be fixable somehow, because no one else seems to have such a problem :)

Any help is welcome.

edit: I supposed Activities overview is the name of the view I'm talking about. I still have no idea what to do. I've deleted the entire Gnome configuration, but it has had no effect.

zuti
December 10th, 2015, 09:40 PM
One desperate bump. Still no fix, updated to latest Nvidia blob but the overview is still a lagfest.