PDA

View Full Version : What Movies Have You Seen With a Ubuntu Appearance?

Kale_Freemon
October 12th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Was just watching "Reasonable Doubt" on Netflix after a long work day (retail sucks sometimes). Anyway, there is a scene in the movie in which the main character is researching a news report which he originally found in the paper. The computer he is using, you can clearly see the launcher on the left side. It is obviously Ubuntu running on the Vaio in the film.

Just thought it was an interesting tidbit of my night. Made me curious as to which movies (or TV shows) you've watched recently that may have had a brief Ubuntu appearance.

forrestcupp
October 12th, 2015, 12:15 PM
It's not a movie, but The Big Bang Theory is a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_mzgdQGwY4

QDR06VV9
October 12th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I can't remember what channel it was on, But a TV Series "Mr Robot"
Seen a few screens with unity && gnome in them.
And References to KDE && Gnome

night_sky2
October 13th, 2015, 03:51 AM
I can't remember what channel it was on, But a TV Series "Mr Robot"
Seen a few screens with unity && gnome in them.
And References to KDE && Gnome
Yeah I saw it too. It's a pretty good series. ;)

Elliot, the main character is using Gnome on what appears to be a Debian system. But I am not quite sure.

At some point we see the fsociety nerd using Ubuntu on his laptop (noticeable by the Unity UI) where they were planning to get into the Steel Mountain facility.

QDR06VV9
October 13th, 2015, 04:48 AM

Elliot, the main character is using Gnome on what appears to be a Debian system. But I am not quite sure.

At some point we see the fsociety nerd using Ubuntu on his laptop (noticeable by the Unity UI) where they were planning to get into the Steel Mountain facility.
Did you notice any resemblance to "Fight Club (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/)"?
Did not commit to if I liked it or not, But watched every week.
Go figure?:confused:
My story here is I watched it to see Ubuntu, and other Linux OS's.:p
Regards

portalhavoc
October 13th, 2015, 07:08 PM

Actually, I think he used Kali Linux. (The Linux distro for Hackers) on his laptop.

mimran
October 14th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Not sure but i`v seen black hat movie and got a glimpse of kinu software.