PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Image Upgrade Problem...Ubuntu, not me...

steve3332
October 9th, 2015, 12:50 AM
Got the little notification this evening that there were upgrades ready to download and install so I let it proceed as usual. After the upgrade process was complete Ubuntu wanted to restart so I knew a new image, 3.19.0-31 had been downloaded. Upon rebooting, and I tried several times, the computer would either lock up at a black screen or at the Unity desktop. I reverted back to 3.19.0-30 and all is well but I'm curious as to what went wrong with the upgraded kernel. Is there a log file I could copy and paste here so one someone could interpret it?

Ubuntu version is 14.04 LTS

Thanks.

Update - Upon further reading it seems 3.19.0-31 does have it's issues so it's purged and I'll await the next update.

Another Update - at some point in the past I went into System Settings - Software & Updates - Updates and checked the box for "Pre-released updates (trusty proposed)" which caused the less-than-stable 3.19.0-31 image to download to this computer. I've since unchecked this box and hope to commit no further self-inflicted wounds.